New AT&T Next plans simplify upgrade plans
- Next Every Year is a 24-month finance process that lets customers upgrade to a new device every year (if they want to).
- Next is a 30-month term with lower payments and upgrades after the traditional 24-month period.
AT&T is providing new and existing customers with simpler and more flexible ways to upgrade to a new smartphone.
We know you want flexibility and choices. With our new plans, we’re giving you the power to decide between lower monthly payments or the ability to upgrade to the latest smartphone sooner.
Starting June 9, AT&T will simplify the smartphone purchase experience from 4 installment options to 2 following1:
- AT&T Next Every YearSM: Upgrade to a new device every year, with a 24-month financing program term.
- AT&T Next®: Upgrade every 2 years, with a 30-month financing program term.
With the new options, consumers and businesses can reduce their monthly payments:
- Device Trade-in: Customers who own their device, can trade it in and apply the value toward the new device cost in AT&T retail stores.
- Down payment: Customers can put money down at the time of purchase to apply towards the new device cost.
Here’s how it works:
|AT&T Next Every Year||AT&T Next|
|Primary Benefit||New device every year||Lower monthly device payment|
|Upgrade Eligibility||12 monthly payments or 50% of retail device cost paid off and trade-in of eligible device||24 monthly payments or 80% of retail device cost paid off and trade-in of eligible device|
|Pay Off Phone||24 months||30 months|
For well-qualified customers, an optional down payment at the time of purchase lets you get lower monthly payments by reducing the financed amount.
1 Req’s 24 or 30-mo. 0% APR installment agmt & elig. svc. Tax due at sale. Down-payment may be reqd. If svc is cancelled, device balance is due. Upgrade req’s 50% or 80% payment of retail price, trade-in of financed device in good condition & elig. smartphone purch w/qual. svc. Deposit may be req’d. Fees, charges & restr’s apply. Examples: $749.99 retail price (1) on AT&T Next is $0 down and $25/month or $225 down and $17.50/month; or (2) on AT&T Next Every Year is $0 down and $31.25/month or $225 down and $21.88/month.