Samsung’s Galaxy S8 Active Expands to Sprint and T-Mobile
Featuring military-grade durability and a long-lasting 4000mAh battery, the Galaxy S8 Active extends availability starting in November
RIDGEFIELD PARK, NJ – NOV. 7, 2017 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, previously only on AT&T, will now be available through Sprint and T-Mobile in Meteor Gray starting this month. The Galaxy S8 Active delivers military-grade durability[i] with a long-lasting battery to get the most out of your day and the performance you expect from a Galaxy S smartphone.
The Galaxy S8 Active features:
- Military-grade durability – Engineered from high-strength aluminum and protective bumpers for military-grade durability, the shock, shatter[ii], and dust and water-resistant[iii] Galaxy S8 Active withstands tough hits and falls.
- Shatter-resistant screen – This device features a shatter-resistant screen that protects against accidental drops while delivering the bright, vivid colors of the 5.8-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Display[iv].
- Long-lasting battery – The Galaxy S8 Active contains a large, long-lasting 4,000 mAh battery that can go more than a day of usage on a single charge[v]. With Samsung’s most advanced fast charge and fast wireless charge[vi] capabilities, you can quickly and conveniently power up to get on with your day.
- Powerful performance – Featuring a 10nm processor, the device enables heightened speed and efficiency. It’s gigabit LTE ready, with support for up to 1 Gbps, so you can download files wherever your daily adventures take you.
- Advanced camera – The advanced Dual Pixel 12MP F1.7 rear camera and 8MP F1.7 Smart autofocus front camera deliver bright and sharp photos, even in low-light conditions.
- Meet Bixby – Bixby[vii] is a smarter way to use your Galaxy S8 Active and helps you get more done. It makes it easier to navigate through select apps, services and settings with a combination of voice commands and touch. Voice capabilities allow you to do many things normally done with touch, such as completing simple tasks like turning on the flashlight, taking a screen shot or a selfie. You can use the camera to identify landmarks, translate foreign languages or shop for products online right from the phone.
- Activity Zone – With a simple swipe to the right of the home screen or the press of the Bixby button, Bixby greets you with quick access to active lifestyle features such as a stopwatch, barometer, compass, and flashlight.
- Government-trusted Security – The Galaxy S8 Active is secured from the chip up with Samsung Knox, the defense-grade mobile security platform designed to protect the integrity of the device. Samsung Knox[viii] has become a trusted and robust security solution with 29 governments trusting it to secure their workforce. It also offers a selection of biometric features such as fingerprint and iris scanners.
[i] Military Grade Design: This device passed military specification (MIL-STD-810G) testing against a subset of 21 specific environmental conditions, including temperature, dust, shock/vibration, and low pressure/high altitude. Device may not perform as shown in all extreme conditions. See user manual.
[ii] Shatter resistant: Screen is shatter-resistant up to 5 feet on a flat surface.
[iii] Water and dust resistant: Resistant up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes; rinse residue/dry after wet.
[iv] Screen measures diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners.
[v]Average expected performance based on typical use. Actual battery life depends on factors such as network, features selected, frequency of calls, and voice, data and other application-usage patterns. Results may vary.
[vi]Fast charging requires Adaptive Fast Charging (AFC) or Quick Charge 2.0-compatible charger to work. Testing under laboratory conditions. Results may vary. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls and voice, data and other applications usage patterns.
[vii]Bixby: Voice command recognizes English (US) and Korean. Not all accents, dialects and expressions recognized. Service ability may vary by country or carrier. Voice command works with a select, growing list of Samsung and third-party apps; see “Apps with Voice” in Bixby for list of compatible apps.
[viii]Knox is a mark for a Samsung device tested for security and is specifically configured with enterprise use in mind. For information about Samsung’s Knox device, please refer to www.samsung.com/us/knox.