Pebble Time heads to KickStarter for a May 2015 release
New Pebble Time smartwatch heads over to kickstarter for funding. This Time it sports a color E-ink display and does support ios 8 & Android 4.0 devices. Pebble Time is 20% thinner than the original Pebble at just 9.5mm. Its ergonomic, curved design fits comfortably on either wrist and slides easily under dress shirts.
Pebble Time is stylish and durable. The lens is crafted from scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass with a bezel made of stainless steel. Like our previous watches, it’s water resistant – perfect for a run in the rain, water-balloon battle or a swim.People love to personalize their Pebble watches. We’ve included a soft silicone band with each Pebble Time, but all standard 22mm watch bands will fit. All new Pebble watch bands include a quick-release pin, letting you swap bands in under 10 seconds. Now it’s super easy to find the perfect style for you!
We’ve added all these new features – color screen, microphone, slimmer design and timeline – without compromising what you love most about Pebble:
- Always-on, daylight readable screen with a great backlight
- Up to 7 day battery life
- Use any standard 22mm watch band
- Water resistant and durable
- Tactile buttons for easy eyes-free clicking
- Silent vibrating alarms
- Step tracking with Misfit and Jawbone
- Language and international character support (Chinese coming soon!)
- Timeline will work on Pebble and Pebble Steel (exact date TBD)
- Works with iOS 8 on iPhone 4s and above
- Works with all Android 4.0+ phones including Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, Google, Motorola, Xiaomi and more