HTC ‘Supersonic’ to ring in WiMAX on Sprint, Android-style
Remember that mysterious HTC A9292 with WiMAX rumored for Sprint a few days back? Well, take a seat, folks — we think we’ve got the lowdown on it here from a trusted source, and it’s a bit of a monster:
- Codename is “Supersonic” — a name we’ve heard at least once before.
- Feels a lot like you’d expect an Android-powered HD2 to feel thanks to a 4.3-inch non-AMOLED display and a svelte shell. (For reference, the HD2 is 11mm thick, but we don’t have exact dimensions here.)
- It’s got a kickstand on the back. This wouldn’t be a first for HTC; the Imagio on Verizon has one, for example.
- Runs Android 2.1 with HTC’s Sense UI.
- Our tipster saw it in white; production devices could be available in different colors, of course, but white seems like it’d be an intriguing choice for a phone of the HD2’s size and shape.
- The phone’s software stack is buggy enough right now to suggest that we’re not looking at a release any time soon, but we don’t have details on the projected launch window.
- It’s fast — Snapdragon fast, it seems, though our tipster can’t confirm the processor under the hood.