Xbox One Stereo Headset Unboxing
The Xbox One Stereo Headset is here, its retails for $79, this is the official stereo headset for the Xbox One from Microsoft. The Headset comes with the the stereo headset adapter that will provide the much needed stereo headset connectivity to Xbox One gaming audio. The headset is all black with large earcups, that have soft padding and felt comfortable on the first try.The mic is hidden with a drop down feature to be used whenever you need it. Before using the headset. follow the update instructions below.
- Make sure your console is on and you’re signed in and connected to Xbox Live.Note It’s important to connect to Xbox Live because your console will need the latest system update, which contains the newest controller software. If you’ve connected recently, your Xbox One is probably already up to date, but you should connect anyway just to be sure. If your console needs an update, you’ll be prompted to install one.
- Open the battery compartment on the back of the controller and remove the batteries.
- Plug the Stereo Headset Adapter into the bottom of your controller.
- Plug in a headset (a headset is required to be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
- Plug the big end of the included USB cable into the port on the side of the console.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.
- Instructions to install the update should automatically be displayed. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress.
- When the update is complete, unplug the USB cable and put the batteries back into your controller.
- Press the Xbox button on the Wireless Controller to turn it on. Your controller is now up-to-date, and you’re ready to use your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.Note You only need to update your controller one time, but if you plan to use the Stereo Headset Adapter with other Xbox One Controllers, you’ll need to do this process for each controller.