How to Install Windows 10 Technical Preview
you can download the preview here: http://preview.windows.com
Windows 7 USB/DVD tool download: http://wudt.codeplex.com
First, here are the minimal system requirements for the Technical Preview, which are basically the same for Windows 8.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard disk space: 16 GB
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- A Microsoft account and Internet access
A PC needs a screen resolution of at least 1024×768 in order to access the Windows Store and download and use Modern UI apps.
Microsoft says that “some PC processors and hardware configurations aren’t supported” by the Windows 10 Technical Preview but did not go into details. It added, “A small number of older, 64-bit CPUs might be blocked from installing the preview.”
Installing the build won’t let users play DVD movie discs with the Windows Media Player. If you have Windows 8 Pro with Media Center on your PC and install the Windows 10 preview, the Windows Media Center will be removed.