Fractal Design ARC MIDI Tower Case-Unboxing & Review
Fractal Design is a case manufacturer that puts design as a key concept in the creation of computer cases. This statement from Fractal’s website sums up the company and the product at hand: ”The concept of Fractal Design is to provide products with an extraordinary design level, without compromising the important factors of quality, functionality and pricing. The computer of today has come to play a central role in most people’s home, creating a demand for appealing design of the computer itself and its accessories. Our main product areas are computer enclosures, power supplies and related accessories.”
The Fractal-Design ARC MIDI Tower case is built with sleek modification that showcases the company’s design philosophy. Off the bat, this thing is built like a rock, and I mean sturdy and light. The material doesn’t feel cheap or brittle. When it comes to cases, the Fractal Design ARC Midi tower comes with the full assortment of cooling vents and fans; it will make your rig feel like a cool ice box. This is especially great for gamers; you have 3 mounted fans: in the rear, top and front of the case, all with controllers. 8 HDD trays compatible with SSD. For convenience on the top of the case you have a USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 ports and headphone and mic jacks. The innards of the case gives a clean build feel, and allows you to tuck wires away.
All in all, I am very pleased with the Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower. The company truly has showcased its design philosophy with a case that is not only practical, but aesthetically beautiful in the very sense of the word. And at $99, it is a solid buy for anyone serious bent on building a respectable PC that looks great both inside and out
- Fan controller for 3 fans included
- 1 front mounted Fractal Design 140mm fan @ 1000rpm included
- 1 rear mounted Fractal Design 140mm fan @ 1000rpm included
- 1 top mounted Fractal Design 140mm fan @ 1000rpm included
- Additional 5 fan slots available for optional fans; one 140mmin front, one 120/140mm in bottom, two 120/140mm in top and one 140/180mm in side panel
- Top panel can mount either 3x 120mm fans, 3x 140mm fans or 1x 180mm + 1x 120/140mm fans
- 8x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
- 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
- On top of front panel: 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0 and Audio I/O
- No PSU included (removable filter below PSU)
- M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
- 7+1 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 290mm when removable HDD-Bay is in place
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 470mm without removable HDD-Bay
- Supports CPU coolers with height of 180mm
- Supports PSU’s with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120/140mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU’s, typically 270mm.
- Case size (WxHxD): 230x460x515mm with front and top bezel in place
- Net weight: 10kg