Zagg Folio iPad Mini Retina Case Review
I first saw the Folio iPad keyboard from a friend. She had been hunting for one for her new iPad air, and the Folio perfectly fit her needs (sitting in bed with iPad in her lap, without the iPad falling backward or forward.) She fell in love with the Zagg Folio!! So you know that I had to try it out, and in this case, for the iPad mini retina.
The Zagg Folio is a complete case with Bluetooth keyboard. It is easy to snap your iPad into place, and pair the two devices. While closed, the Folio not only protects your iPad, but also puts it into sleep mode to conserve battery. So once you close the Folio, both the front and back of you iPad are protected. There is no detachable keyboard, rather it is built into the case. ALL THE BETTER! There was no fiddling with the keyboard, or adjusting for comfort. The only key I had to get used to was “Tab” placement.
The actual keys don’t feel like you sacrificed quality for a smaller keyboard. They are a decent size and easy to type with. Included at the top are function keys for music, Siri, editing, and keyboard toggling. Color options include White or Black. Each have a plastic body and hinge. The outer cover design is a leather texture, which is very easy to grip. The only drawback with White was daily grim, but was easily cleaned with a cleaning wipe. Oh yeah, and the white perfectly matches my fashion headset!!!!
- Hinge design with 135 degrees of viewing angles
- Bluetooth keyboard with easy pairing
- Three months between charges
- Optional backlit keyboard with lots of fun colors
- Easy battery notification (three blinks each: green – over 50%, yellow – between 25-50%, red – under 25% go charge it!!!)
- Dimensions 5.43 in x 8 in x 0.66 in (closed with iPad) or 0.27 in (keyboard only)
- Weight: 11.3 oz
- 510 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery.
Next all you need to do is apply the Invisible shield screen protector, and you are good to go!!!!