Samsung Chef Collection Brings Smart Technology and Beautiful Design to Premium Built-In Home Appliance Category
Samsung Electronics America, Inc., the number one selling brand of major appliances, today announced the launch of its new Chef Collection line of premium built-in appliances. Merging elegant design and industry leading technology, the newly redesigned line of Chef Collection was unveiled at the Pacific Coast Builders Conference (PCBC) in San Diego.
With Chef Collection, Samsung brings its most innovative and popular home appliance features to the premium built-in category, reflecting its deep consumer insights and industry expertise. For the first time, Samsung is introducing two new fully integrated built-in refrigerators, including the industry’s first 42” Built-In 4-Door Flex model. The line also includes signature features that only Samsung offers in a full suite of kitchen appliances that includes wall ovens, cook tops, Pro ranges, and dishwashers. All models are Wi-Fi-enabled, offering modern functionality and convenience to consumers.
“As homes have become more modern, we felt it was important to give consumers choice when selecting premium appliances that complement their elevated sense of style,” said John Herrington, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “With the reimagined Chef Collection, we’ve integrated our best and brightest innovations and design details in a premium built-in platform that meets the needs and priorities of modern families and fits how they live their lives.”
The New Samsung Chef Collection Line
Samsung Chef Collection seeks to redefine and modernize the home, with advanced features that don’t just complement modern kitchens, they enhance the overall look and functionality of the space. It is available in Samsung’s exclusive matte black stainless steel – a soft brushed metal finish, as well as stainless steel. The line is also panel-ready so the look of the appliances can adapt to changes in design preferences over time. Other Chef Collection highlights include:
- An industry first, the fully integrated 42” Samsung Chef Collection Built-in 4-Door Flex Refrigerator with FlexZone™ compartment that easily transitions from fridge to freezer at the touch of a button
- 36” Samsung Chef Collection Built-In includes Metal Cooling stainless steel interior and TwinCooling™ to keep food fresher, longer
- The Wi-Fi-enabled built-in models feature Samsung’s View Inside cameras so consumers can see its contents from anywhere on their smart phones
- Frame LED lighting that illuminates what’s within, and hidden electronic controls to give a truly seamless look
- A Chef Pantry compartment in each model that can be set to three different temperature options to handle various food preservation needs
- 30” Samsung Chef Collection Wall Ovens, available in single, double, and the industry’s largest capacity microwave combiconfigurations, feature Steam Cook technology and Flex Duo™ design in which a removable Smart Divider splits the bottom oven cavity into two to create three independent ovens
- 30” and 36” Samsung Chef Collection Cooktops, available in gas and induction, offer power, precision and seamless design. A powerful 22K BTU Dual Power brass burner on the gas cooktop goes from high and hot to a true simmer. Virtual Flame Technology™ on the induction cooktop gives the real feel and visual glow of a flame. It also features a large FlexZone™ cooking surface for maximum efficiency
- Bluetooth-enabled 30” and 36” Samsung Chef Collection Range Hoods automatically turn on with the Pro Range or Cooktop, and change fan speed with the Heat Sensing feature, which automatically adjusts based on the heat being generated from below
- The 30” Samsung Chef Collection Pro Range offers 5.8 cu ft. capacity with 22K Dual Power brass burner and dual convection oven, and bold LED-illuminated knob design
- The Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher with Samsung’s exclusive WaterWall™ technology delivers a powerful, streaming wall of water for corner to corner cleaning, and a Chef Mode that provides concentrated cleaning power on heavily-soiled pots and pans. The AutoRelease™ Door opens automatically to circulate air and improve overall drying by as much as 35%
The complete line of new Chef Collection built-in appliances will be available later this year.
Wi-Fi Capabilities Throughout
Samsung Chef Collection reflects the aspirations of a new generation of state-of-the-art homeowners who not only prefer a beautiful look in their kitchen but also appreciate having the latest innovation in their homes. By making the appliances Wi-Fi-enabled, for example, Chef Collection gives consumers peace of mind that the stove isn’t still simmering while they are out of the house, and that the dishwasher cycle has been started after a big night of entertaining. Now, all of this can be controlled from a smart phone, bringing necessary smart technology to the built-in category.
“As my career has flourished over the past year, I need to be as efficient as possible and make every moment count,” said Candice Kumai, leading wellness expert, chef and author. “This is especially true when it comes to the kitchen. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in bed and realized that I didn’t start the dishwasher. Or, I’ve been in the middle of a fitness class and wondered, ‘Did I turn off the oven?’ I feel like Samsung created Chef Collection with people, like me, in mind.”
Built with Installers in Mind
Knowing that installation time and repair work are major pain points for installers, Samsung set out to make the process easier than ever with Samsung Chef Collection. Less cumbersome packaging solutions and time-saving features like pre-drilled holes and easy leveling make installation faster. Installers can run Wi-Fi-enabled, remote diagnostic checks to ensure the appliance is functioning properly and help reduce repeat visits for repairs.
To see Samsung’s Chef Collection at PCBC, visit Samsung at Booth #731 in the San Diego Convention Center. For more information about Samsung home appliances, visit http://www.samsung.com/us/.