It’s been a busy summer at AT&T. A little over a week ago, we announced that the Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), update was available for Samsung Galaxy S II customers and now we have more exciting news to share.
Starting today, customers who purchased the Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™ or Samsung Galaxy Note™ from AT&T will be able to get an update to Android 4.0.
ICS enhances the customer experience by making navigation more intuitive with a better user interface and faster browsing. The many new features include an enhanced Recent Apps shortcut to ease multitasking, new lock/unlock features including Face Unlock, improved home screen folders, a new notifications bar and an app to help you track your data usage.
Galaxy Note customers will notice a new feature called “S Note” and a few enhancements for the “S Memo” app. The S Memo upgrade includes one-touch access to all S Memo features – including typing, writing, voice dictation, search, and adding an image. You can place the widget on any of the multiple home screens of the Galaxy Note, which makes accessing and using S Memo faster and easier.
The S Note extends the S Pen™ capabilities to make everyday tasks and communications simpler and more professional looking.
- New productivity features include: Shape Match, which refines hand-drawn shapes – such as circle, square, lines and arrows; Formula Match, which recognizes and completes complex math formulas; and Knowledge Search, which enables the user to quickly research information from a hand-written note via Wolfram Alpha® database.
- To help to professionalize communications, S Note provides templates for seven commonly used documents such as an idea note, travel notes, diary entry, meeting notes and recipes. An idea note not only captures ideas, it can record the creation process and replay it in the order it was developed. Meeting notes captures agenda items and attendees and will link the meeting to a calendar entry.
- S Note also allows users to import and annotate a PDF file and convert dictated or hand written memos to text with the Continual Voice Input and Handwriting-to-Text features.
It’s easy to get the update (free of charge). Here’s how:
1. Visit the Samsung website from a personal computer.
2. Download and Install the Samsung Kies Upgrade Program on your PC.
3. Connect your device to your PC and follow the instructions on Samsung Kies to get the update.
We’re continuing to roll-out ICS updates for more AT&T Android devices throughout the summer, so stay tuned.