HTC Amaze 4G Ice Cream Sandwich Walkthrough Review
The updates for Android 4.0 with Sense 3.6 started rolling out on the 21st of May for the Amaze 4G. I finally got mine yesterday and have been using my updated Amaze 4G for a day or so. New features include the Recent Apps menu, revised menu structures, new fonts, face recognition, and more. I also did a quick comparison with Sense 4.0 on the HTC One X to give you a better Idea of the difference. So far I have seen a 20%-30% battery life increase, snappier performance on sense and Android 4.0. General Smother operations.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
How to Update your Amaze 4G
- Connect to Wi-Fi for fastest download.
Note: This is a large update and can take over 20 minutes if downloading over the GSM network. Connect to Wi-Fi before updating for best results.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch HTC software updates.
- Touch Check now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android 4.0.3 / Software version 2.14.531.3710RD
What changes does Ice Cream Sandwich bring for Amaze 4G owners?
Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 2.14.531.3710RD – Current version
- Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 2.14.531.3710RD
- Approved 5/21/2012