AT&T Digital Life Boston Tour- How I will be protecting my home
About 3 weeks ago I got an opportunity to take a tour of a real home protected by AT&T’s digital life. The company’s home security system, the first thing that struck me about AT&T’s service was how modern and easy AT&T. It really doesn’t feel like a cumbersome security service that sometimes feels disjointed. But rather AT&T has brought in the same approach and feel we are all accustomed today with our smartphones and wireless service to the home security market. AT&T Digital Life is an all-digital, fully integrated, wireless home management system, giving customers flexibility to manage their home from their smartphone, tablet or PC. Our takeover module lets you easily extend your existing security system and investment. The Digital Life application is available on most web browsers. Apps are available for iOS, as well as Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phones. To ensure customers’ privacy is protected, Digital Life has a secure log in system each time the app is opened from any Internet-connected device. A user-friendly application was designed to be as simple as possible, making it easier than ever to manage your home. The Digital Life application gives customers control over cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances and more by setting alerts or programs to manage your home. It’s all integrated into one simple system. Digital Life provides total flexibility so you can personalize your home to adapt to everyday life – with custom notifications and scheduled tasks. Add devices and solutions anytime, as your needs grow, or your lifestyle changes.
Digital Life allows you to control thermostats, lights, door locks, video cameras and more with your smartphone, tablet or PC. Currently available in 33 markets, with plans to reach up to 50 by the end of 2013, Digital Life makes connecting to your home and securing what matters most simple and convenient. The simplicity of all these, really mean that AT&T digital life allows you to customize your home automated needs to your budget price and just plan wants. The other aspect of digital life is the linear setup process. AT&T wants to buying experience to be a simple one., similar to how you purchase a cellphone form them. You can go to an AT&T store and pick the package that fits you. Which I think is great as you take not in the video above. AT&T digital life is a very plug and play system that is easy to setup and best of all manage with their apps. Now I don’t own that dream home yet but when that happens I definitely would place AT&T digital life at the top of my home automation and security needs
Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, which is our basic home security package; or Smart Security which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation.
- Simple Security: Includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment.
- Smart Security: Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package: View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.
- Energy Package: Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Door Package: Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Water Detection Package: Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Water Control Package: Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.