AT&T annouces “Next”- yearly upgrades as part of new monthly installment plan
AT&T has joined the fray of anything updating we first saw from T-Mobile with “Jump”. AT&T just announced “NEXT” an entirely new option for its customers who want to upgrade their device as frequently as once a year. It will join (not replace) the other upgrade options we currently have – and works with all of our data plans (including customers who are grandfathered unlimited subscribers eligible for an upgrade). The Program begins on July 26th and you can start things off with your Lumia 1020
- AT&T Next – A new device every year.
- No down payment.
- No activation fee.
- No upgrade fee.
- No financing fee.
- Other options remain, and include:
- Two-year wireless agreement subsidized pricing – eligible for an upgrade after 24 months.
- Early upgrades – eligible for partial discount after six months or more of a two-year agreement.
- Share an upgrade – with another person on your account within the same device category.
- Trade-in program
- No-commitment pricing – purchase at full retail price without a two-year service commitment.
- Bring your own device
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Requires 20-month 0% APR installment agreement & qualifying credit. Wireless service req. (voice & data for smartphones/data for tablets). If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due.Sales tax due at sale. Qualifying devices only. Upgrade after 1 yr.: Req. min. 12 installment payments, acct. in good standing, plus trade-in of current device in good & functional condition & purchase of new device/wireless agreement & service plan. After upgrade remaining unbilled installment payments are waived. AT&T Next available only at AT&T owned retail stores & att.com. If device is returned, restocking fee up to $35 for smartphones or 10% of tablet sales price may apply. Terms subject to change.