So spring is here which means summer is just around the corner. Yes! Its time to start planning vacations, booking flight getting to all you planned destinations set for the year 7 and yes barbecues( Yes I wouldn’t mind catching a flight for some good ribs).
Now we all know how ridiculous air travel has become, flights get canceled or delayed on a regular basis. Your flights get routed into a different airport or you might be moved to a completely different airline because your original flight is completely overbooked. In simple terms it is pure chaos. This is where your new smartphone should comes in handy; to check your flight status, see if its on time, check out my destination airport make sure weather there is good (yes i love my sunshine).
FlightStats is one such app. It gives the user the ability to check on everything that is involved with their air travel. So once you have downloaded & installed the app onto your android phone, on the landing page of the app you have three major categories. Flights, Airports & Airlines. Each category has a sub menu function that allows you to check on flight status, Airports and Airports status as well have airlines with contact info.
Flights: You can track a flight either by the airport with departure and arrival info. By the route, using flight destination info ( Flights from BOS to LAX). Final by the flight itself, using the airline name or the flight number). You can also save future flights and track flight progress.
Airports: Allows a user get Airport general info, delay information at the airport as well as current weather at the airport. You can also find the location of the Airport on Google Maps
- Its a very simple App to use
- Has multiple options to find info
- information retrieval is pretty fast
- Menu system is also simple and clear
- Desktop Widget
- App doesn’t have a notification feature( would be nice to have an icon on the notification bar to act as a reminder)
- Not all Airline info was retrievable
FlightStats is a very solid app that does what it does well and simply too. Which is what an App needs to do on a basic level. At $4.99 price tag, it is definitely worth the price, if you travel more than once a year it definitely pays for itself. But the is also a free ad supported version for those for might be a little price shy.
- The Apps Runs on Android version 1.5 and up.
- The Review was Done on a T-mobile G1 with FlightStats Version 1.2.1
- FlightStats lite is Ver. 1.1.1 ( but results are displayed on the mobile site)
- FlightStats paid is Ver 2.1.4
- Share trips
- View trips Offline
- Sync with Tripit Via Paid upgrade