Amazon intros Fire Stick @$39 in Battle against Chromecast
Today Amazon announced the Fire TV Stick a new media streaming stick that looks to be a competitor against the super popular Chromcast from Google. The Fire TV Stick plugs directly into your TVs HDMI port and comes with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage and comes with the same remote control the Fire TV has and supports voice search.
Amazon’s Fire TV Stick will have access to entire Amazon Instant Video library and be able to “fling” movies, TV shows and music from not only Amazon’s entertainment services but other services like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube. The Fire TV Stick also supports mirroring so you can show your display on your TV. Any miracast support smartphone and tablet will be able to do it along with Amazon’s Fire HDX tablet and Fire Phone. The Fire TV stick will sell for $39 (with a free month of Amazon Prime included) and is available for pre-order for $19 for Amazon Prime members for the next two days and will ship on November 19th.
- Powerful performance—4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast, plus a dual-core processor and 1 GB of memory. Learn more
- Massive selection—Over 200,000 TV episodes and movies, millions of songs, and hundreds of games. Learn more
- Your partner in Prime—Enjoy unlimited access to more than 40,000 movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video, including The HBO Collection, and original shows like Transparent and Alpha House, plus new Prime Music
- Instant streaming with ASAP—No more waiting for your movies and shows to buffer—ASAP learns what movies and shows you like so they start instantly
- Dedicated remote and app for easy use—With the Amazon Fire TV Remote that comes in the box or the free app on your Android device (iOS coming soon), you have all the controls you need to easily search, navigate, and play games
- Voice search that actually works—Simply say what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds with the free app or Amazon Fire TV Voice Remote (sold separately)
- Connect your small screen to your big screen— Fire TV Stick lets you fling your favorite apps to your TV to free up your small screen for other uses. Or mirror your phone or tablet to your TV. Learn more
- Great for gaming, too—Play favorite titles like Flappy Birds Family, Toy Story: Smash It!, Monsters University, and more great games
Fire TV Stick is not a gadget—it’s a seamlessly integrated service that brings together the features customers expect from Amazon, including:
– Whispersync—Amazon’s Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your video and music library across all of your devices. Start watching a movie on your phone or tablet, and when you get home, pick up where you left off on your TV. For games that support Whispersync, your place in the game will also sync across devices so you can always pick up where you left off.
– Watch on hundreds of devices—When you buy a movie or TV show on Amazon, you can watch it on hundreds of devices, including iOS, Android, and Fire OS devices.
– Worry-Free Archive—Automatically backs up your Amazon digital content in the cloud so you never need to worry about losing your collection.
– Top-Rated, World-Class Customer Service—When a customer shops on Amazon, buys a Fire TV Stick, or buys digital content from Amazon, they know that they are also getting Amazon’s world-class customer service. Customers with a Fire HDX tablet or Fire phone can also use the Mayday button to receive 24×7, free, live, on-device tech support for all their Amazon devices.
– Free Month of Amazon Prime—Amazon continues to invest hundreds of millions of dollars to bring Prime members new movies, TV shows, songs, and books to enjoy at no additional cost. Prime members enjoy unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video. Eligible customers get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime when they purchase Fire TV Stick.
Fire TV Stick is available starting today for just $39—order at www.amazon.com/fire-tv-stick. As a thank you to Prime members, Fire TV Stick is available for two days only for just $19 on Amazon.com. Customers who are new to Prime can sign up for a free trial and also receive this special price.
You can also choose to upgrade to the Amazon Fire TV Voice Remote for $29.99.
Eligible customers get a free 30-day trial of Netflix and Amazon Prime when they purchase Fire TV Stick.