Synology – Announcing the RS1619xs+
Synology RackStation RS1619xs+ is a high-performance 1U rackmount NAS with comprehensive storage,
data backup, and collaboration applications, suitable for small- to medium-sized businesses. RS1619xs+
simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity
with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS1619xs+ is backed by Synology’s
5-year limited warranty.
Powerful NAS Solution in 1U Form Factor
Synology RS1619xs+ is a 1U 4-bay rackmount network attached storage solution
equipped with a quad-core processor, 8 GB DDR4 memory (expandable up to 64
GB), and four Gigabit LAN ports. With an optional 10GbE network adapter card installed,
RS1619xs+ delivers sequential reading throughput over 1,523 MB/s and 162,097
iSCSI random read IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration1.
RS1619xs+ comes with two onboard M.2 SSD slots, allowing fast system cache
creation with M.2 2280 NVMe/SATA SSDs without occupying internal 3.5″ drive bays.
RS1619xs+ also provides great flexibility to easily scale up to 16 drives when connected
to one Synology RX1217/RX1217RP expansion unit2. Storage capacity can be
expanded according to your business needs with minimal effort.
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS1619xs+ comes
fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale
• Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business
• Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege
settings, allowing RS1619xs+ to fit seamlessly into existing infrastructure.
• Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file
explorer Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensures
file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
• Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each
individual account, user group, or IP address.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS1619xs+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage
technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared
folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for
users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota
control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored
metadata and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include
RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
• A cutting-edge iSCSI service built for IT administrators that offers advanced LUN and
provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery, and cloning.
Virtual Machine Manager
RS1619xs+ is designed with virtualization in mind. Virtual Machine Manager enables
you to test new software in sandboxes, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase
the flexibility of your server.
• Virtual DSM provides an equally intuitive experience as DiskStation Manager, offering
a reliable storage solution with robust features.
• Various Operating Systems Support lets you run Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM
on your Synology NAS in just a few steps.
• Snapshots for Virtual Machines is a snapshot technology provided by Virtual Machine
Manager, allowing you to perfectly clone and restore a virtual machine within seconds.
• Live Migration lets you seamlessly migrate Virtual DSM instances from one Synology
NAS to another.
• Flexible IT Resource Management allows you to allocate hardware resources like
computing power, storage space, or network interfaces across several virtual machines.
• Multi-Tenant Environments allow you to create multiple isolated virtual machines for
subsidiary business units or departments.
• Synology iSCSI Storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work
efficiency with a simple management interface.
A Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance
team cooperation and boost productivity.
• Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a
unified portal and allows cross-platform synchronization for you to access data from
anywhere. You can also install the online editor Synology Office and collaborate with
others on Document, Spreadsheet, and Slides.
• Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server
with the support of high-availability design and gives your employees an intuitive
web-based client to manage emails and boost productivity.
• Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules, and organize daily tasks
effortlessly. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to
check schedules anywhere and anytime.
• Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to start conversations
instantly and safely and optimizes companies’ internal communications with its
powerful information management and interaction features.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is critical for businesses everywhere. RS1619xs+ responds to these
concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers in
the event of unexpected disasters and ensures that your services remain online.
• Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection,
ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or
dockerized application data remain safe and available in the event of a disaster.
• Redundant power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support
ensure continual service uptime.
• High reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling
technology, prevents single points of failure.
• DDR4 ECC U-DIMM reduces power consumption and has error detection and
correction capabilities during data transmission.
1Power button and indicator2Alert indicator3Drive status indicator4Beep off button
5Status indicator6Drive tray7Power port8Console port
9PCIe expansion slot10Fan111GbE RJ-45 port12Reset button
13USB 3.0 port14Expansion port
1 23 45
CPUIntel Xeon D-1527 quad-core 2.2GHz, Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
Hardware encryption engineYes (AES-NI)
Memory8 GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM (expandable up to 64 GB)
Compatible drive type
• 4 x 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA SSD/HDD (drives not included)
• 2 x M.2 2280 NVMe/SATA SSD (drives not included)
Hot swappable driveYes
• 2 x USB 3.0 port
• 1 x expansion port
• 44 x 430.5 x 483.6 mm
• 44 x 480 x 518.6 mm (with server ears)
LAN4 x Gigabit (RJ-45)
Wake on LAN/WANYes
PCIe 3.0 slot
• 1 x 8-lane x8 slot
• 10GbE/25GbE network interface card support
Scheduled power on/offYes
System fan2 (40 x 40 x 28 mm)
AC input power voltage100V to 240V AC
Power frequency50/60Hz, single phase
Operating temperature5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
Storage temperature-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
Relative humidity5% to 95% RH
Maximum operating altitude5,000 m (16,400 ft)
General DSM specification
Networking protocolSMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN ™ , L2TP)
• Internal: Btrfs, ext4
• External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT4
Supported RAID typeBasic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID F1
• Maximum single volume size: 108TB/200TB (at least 32 GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only)
• Maximum system snapshots: 65,5365
• Maximum internal volume: 1,024
• Read-write cache support
• M.2 SSD support (M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD)
File sharing capability
• Maximum local user account: 16,000
• Maximum local group: 512
• Maximum shared folder: 512
• Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connection: 2,000
PrivilegeWindows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege
Windows® AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration
VirtualizationVMware vSphere® 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V® , Citrix®, OpenStack®
Firewall, encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login auto block, Let’s Encrypt support, HTTPS
(customizable cipher suite)
Windows 7 onwards, Mac OS X® 10.11 onwards
Chrome®, Firefox®, Internet Explorer® 10 onwards, Safari® 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android™ 6.0 onwards) on tablets
English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar,
Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český,
Packages and Applications
File Server & Synchronization
Provide a universal portal to synchronize your files across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. The built-in
universal portal allows you to access data anytime and anywhere.
• Maximum number of hosted files: 3,000,000
• Maximum number of concurrent connections for PC clients: 1,800
Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users or groups,
creating sharing links, transfer logs
Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the
network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs
Presto File Server6High-speed data transfer over WAN with exclusive SITA technology between Synology NAS and desktop
One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Alibaba Cloud OSS, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible
storage, Backblaze B2, Baidu Cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack
Swift-compatible storage, Tencent COS, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk
Universal SearchOffer global search into applications and files
iSCSI Storage & Virtualization
• Maximum iSCSI target: 256
• Maximum iSCSI LUN: 512
• iSCSI LUN clone/snapshot support
Virtual Machine ManagerDeploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM
Data Protection & Backup Solution
Hyper BackupSupport local backup, network backup, and backup data to public clouds
DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup
Shared folder sync – maximum task number: 32
• Maximum of shared folder snapshots: 1,024
• Maximum of Replication: 64
High Availability ManagerReduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster
Active Backup for G Suite Support G Suite My Drive and Team Drive backup and restoration
Active Backup for Office 365Support Office 365 OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar backup and restoration
Active Backup for Business
All-in-one backup solution designed for heterogeneous business IT environment, enabling IT admins to remotely manage and monitor
protection over PC, servers and VM on one centralized console
Productivity & Collaboration
Collaborate with instant message service Chat, online editor Office, and scheduling assistant Calendar
• Chat maximum user: 4,000
• Office maximum user: 2,900
• Calendar: support CalDAV and access via mobile devices
Note StationRich-text note organization and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments
Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (Includes 5 free email account
licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)
MailPlusIntuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customizable mail labels, filters, and user interface
MomentsSupport smart AI album with facial and subject recognition, photo editing and sharing features, and iOS and Android mobile applications
Other packagesVideo Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, iTunes® Server
Maximum IP camera: 75 (total of 2,250 FPS at 720p, H.264) (Including two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of
Active Directory ServerProvide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution
CMSProvide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS
VPN ServerMaximum connection: 40, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN™, L2TP/IPSec
Mail ServerSupported Mail Server Protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP, Support LDAP/AD account
Mail StationWebmail interface for Mail Server to receive emails from multiple POP3 mailboxes, customizable SMTP server
Web StationVirtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB®, third-party applications support
Other packagesDNS Server, RADIUS Server, Log Center
Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, large files, most recently
modified files, least recently accessed files
Antivirus EssentialFull system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto update
Security AdvisorMalware detection/removal, user account/password, network, system-related security scan
Other packagesAdditional 3rd-party packages available on Package Center
Environment and Packaging
Environment safetyRoHS compliant
• RS1619xs+ main unit x 1
• Quick Installation Guide x 1
• Accessory pack x 1
• AC power cord x 2
• 8GB/16GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM (RAMEC2133DDR4-8G/RAMEC2133DDR4-16G)
• Synology E10G17-F2/E10G18-T1/E10G18-T2 10Gbps Ethernet adapters
• Synology Expansion Unit RX1217/RX1217RP
• VisualStation VS360HD, VS960HD
• Surveillance Device License Pack
• MailPlus License Pack
• Virtual DSM License Pack
*Model specifications are subject to change without notice. Please refer to www.synology.com for the latest information.
1. Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage, and configuration.
2. RS1619xs+ supports one Synology RX1217/RX1217RP, sold separately.
3. Synology Replacement Service (SRS) is available in selected countries only. For more information about SRS, please visit srs.synology.com.
4. exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
5. System snapshot includes snapshots taken by iSCSI Manager, Snapshot Replication, and Virtual Machine Manager. Availability of these packages varies by model.
6. Presto File Server License is purchased separately in Package Center.
Synology Inc. 9F., No.1, Yuandong Rd., Banqiao Dist., New Taipei City 220, Taiwan Tel: +886 2 2955 1814 Fax: +886 2 2955 1884
Synology creates network-attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and
manage networks in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files
on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage networks in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with
forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.
Copyright © 2018, Synology Inc. All rights reserved. Synology, the Synology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Synology Inc. Other product and
company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. Synology may make changes to specification and product descriptions at
anytime, without notice.
200070, Room 201, No. 511 Tianmu W.
Rd., Jingan Dist. Shanghai,
Synology UK Ltd.
Unit 5 Danbury Court, Linford Wood,
Milton Keynes, MK14 6PL, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1908 048028
Synology France SARL
39 rue Louis Blanc, 92400 Courbevoie,
Tel: +33 147 176288
Grafenberger Allee 125 40237 Düsseldorf
Tel: +49 211 9666 9666
North & South America
Synology America Corp.
3535 Factoria Blvd SE #200 Bellevue,
Tel: +1 425 818 1587
Synology Japan Co., Ltd.
1F, No.15, Kanda Konyacho, Chiyoda-ku