Synology – Announcing the DS1819+ and RS1619xs+
Synology DS1819+ is an 8-bay NAS designed for small and medium-sized businesses, providing
outstanding performance with great expandability. With various built-in applications and comprehensive
data protection technologies, DS1819+ fulfills different business needs while safeguarding users’ valuable
digital assets. DS1819+ is backed up by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Scalable Storage with Outstanding Performance
DS1819+ is an 8-bay desktop network attached storage built with great scalability
and performance, ideally suitable for growing businesses. You can easily scale it up to
18 drives with two expansion unit DX5174 when needing more storage capacity. In
addition, M.2 SSD adapter M2D183 is available for you to supercharge the random
IOPS through SSD cache, while an optional 10Gb Ethernet adapter escalates data
transmission bandwidth to meet intensive workload demands.
DS1819+ is equipped with one quad-core processor and 4 GB memory1 (upgradable
to 32 GB), delivering sequential throughput at over 2,045 MB/s reading and 656 MB/s
writing under aggregated 10Gb Ethernet environment2. The built-in four Gigabit LAN
ports support failover and Link Aggregation. DS1819+ can also be deployed with your
existing virtualization environments with its dynamic virtual machine certificates.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS1819+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage
technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared
folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for
users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota
control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with
mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes,
including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
• Advanced LUN offered by the cutting-edge iSCSI service built for administrators
provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery and cloning.
Ultimate Backup Solution
DS1819+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any
device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Desktop backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, and other desktop
devices. DS1819+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly
backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
• NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder,
an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to
ensure data safety.
• Server/VMware backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for VMware
virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers. Fast and reliable
recovery options ensure running services, VMs and files instantly available when needed.
• SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution
for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the
single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance
team cooperation and boost productivity.
• Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a
unified portal and supports cross-platform synchronization to allow anywhere data
access. You can also install the online editor Synology Office and collaborate with others
on Document, Spreadsheet, and Slides.
• Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with
the support of high-availability design and gives your employees an intuitive web-based
client to manage emails and boost productivity.
• Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules and organize daily tasks
effortlessly. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to
check schedules anywhere and anytime.
• Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to start conversations
instantly and safely and optimizes companies’ internal communications with its powerful
information management and interaction features.
Effortless Virtualization Deployment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. Set
up and run various virtual machines including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM
on your NAS to test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your
customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS1819+ with reduced hardware
deployment and maintenance costs. Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most
virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface.
VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps to offload storage operations and
optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up
data transfer and migration rates, while the support for OpenStack Cinder transforms
your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
CPUIntel Atom C3538 quad-core 2.1GHz
Hardware encryption engineYes (AES-NI)
Memory4 GB DDR4-2133 Non-ECC SO-DIMM1 (expandable up to 32 GB wtih 16 GB ECC SO-DIMM x 2)
Compatible drive type
• 8 x 3.5” or 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD (drives not included)
• 2 x M.2 2280/2260/2242 NVMe/SATA SSD3 (drives not included)
Hot swappable driveYes
• 4 x USB 3.0 port
• 2 x eSATA port
Size (HxWxD)166 x 343 x 243 mm
LAN4 x Gigabit (RJ-45)
Wake on LAN/WANYes
PCIe 3.0 slot
• 1 x 4-lane x8 slot
• 10GbE network interface card support
• M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD adapter card support3
Scheduled power on/offYes
System fan2 (120 x 120 x 25 mm)
AC input power voltage100V to 240V AC
Power frequency50/60Hz, single phase
Operating temperature0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Storage temperature-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
Relative humidity5% to 95% RH
Maximum operating altitude3,048 m (10,000 ft)
General DSM Specification
Networking protocolSMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN ™, L2TP)
• Internal: Btrfs, ext4
• External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT5
Supported RAID typeSynology Hybrid RAID (SHR), Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
• Maximum single volume size: 108TB
• Maximum of system snapshots: 65,5366
• Maximum internal volumes: 512
1Status indicator2Alert indicator3Power button4LAN indicator
5Drive status indicator6Drive tray7USB 3.0 port8Power port
9eSATA port101GbE RJ-45 port11Reset button12USB 3.0 port
13Fan14PCIe expansion slot
Virtual Machine Manager
DS1819+ is designed with virtualization in mind. Virtual Machine Manager enables you
to test new software in sandboxes, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the
flexibility of your server.
• Virtual DSM provides an equally intuitive experience as DiskStation Manager, offering a
reliable storage solution with robust features.
• Various Operating Systems Supported lets you run Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM
on your Synology NAS in just a few steps.
• Snapshots for Virtual Machines is a snapshot technology provided by Virtual Machine
Manager, allowing you to perfectly clone and restore a virtual machine within seconds.
• Live Migration lets you seamlessly migrate Virtual DSM instances from one Synology NAS
• Flexible IT Resource Management enables you to allocate hardware resources such as
computing power, storage space, or network interfaces across several virtual machines.
• Multi-Tenant Environments allow you to create multiple isolated virtual machines for
subsidiary business units or departments.
• Synology iSCSI Storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work
efficiency with a simple management interface.
Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a web-based operating system tailor-made
for every Synology NAS. Featuring an intuitive multitasking user interface, DSM provides
simple desktop-like experience to minimize the efforts in exploring and managing your
The built-in Package Center allows you to download and install a variety of packages
designed specifically for your unique needs, including file backup, virtualization,
productivity, safeguard security and utilities.
With all the built-in and add-on features, DSM provides you with complete and
fine-grained control of your DS1819+, maximizing your productivity and make the best
out of your digital assets. All can be done with just a few clicks.
Virtual Machine Manager
Virtual Machine Manager implements
various virtualization solutions, allowing
you to manage multiple virtual machines
on your DS1819+, including Windows,
Linux, and Virtual DSM.
• Read-write cache support
• M.2 SSD support (M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD)3
File sharing capability
• Maximum local user accounts: 2,048
• Maximum local groups: 256
• Maximum shared folders: 512
• Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connections: 1,000
PrivilegeWindows Access Control List (ACL), application privileges
Directory serviceWindows® AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration
VirtualizationVMware vSphere® 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V®, Citrix®, OpenStack®
Firewall, encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login autoblock, Let’s Encrypt support, HTTPS
(customizable cipher suite)
Supported clientWindows 7 and 10, Mac OS X 10.11 onwards
Supported browserChrome®, Firefox®, Internet Explorer® 10 onwards, Safari® 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android™ 6.0 onwards)
English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar,
Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český,
Packages and Applications
File Server & Synchronization
Provide a universal portal to synchronize your files across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. The built-in
universal portal allows you to access data anytime and anywhere.
• Maximum Number of Hosted Files: 1,000,000
• Maximum Number of Concurrent Connections for PC Clients: 550
Virtual drives, remote folders, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users/groups,
creating sharing links, transfer logs
Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the
network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs
Presto File ServerHigh-speed data transfer over WAN with exclusive SITA technology between Synology NAS and desktop7
One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Alibaba Cloud OSS, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible
storage, Backblaze B2, Baidu Cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack
Swift-compatible storage, Tencent COS, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk
Universal SearchOffer global search into applications and files
iSCSI Storage & Virtualization
Virtual Machine Manager
• Maximum iSCSI target: 128
• Maximum iSCSI LUN: 256
• iSCSI LUN clone/snapshot support
Virtual Machine ManagerDeploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM
Data Protection & Backup Solution
Hyper BackupSupport local backup, network backup, and data backup to public clouds
DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup
Shared folder sync – maximum task number: 16
• Maximum of shared folder snapshots: 1,024
• Maximum of Replication: 32
High Availability ManagerReduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster
Active Backup for G Suite Support G Suite My Drive and Team Drive backup and restoration
Active Backup for Office 365Support Office 365 OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar backup and restoration
Active Backup for Business
All-in-one backup solution designed for heterogeneous business IT environment, enabling IT admins to remotely manage and monitor
protection over PC, servers and VM on one centralized console
Productivity & Collaboration
Collaborate with instant message service Chat, online editor Office, and scheduling assistant Calendar
• Chat maximum user: 1,500
• Office maximum user: 1,800
• Calendar: support CalDAV and access via mobile devices
Note StationRich-text note organization and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments
Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (includes 5 free email account
licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)
MailPlusIntuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customizable mail labels, filters, and user interface
MomentsSupport smart AI album with facial and subject recognition, photo editing and sharing features, and iOS and Android mobile applications
Maximum IP camera: 40 (total of 1200 FPS at 720p, H.264) (including two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of
Active Directory ServerProvide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution
CMSProvide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS
VPN ServerMaximum connection: 30, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN™, L2TP/IPSec
Mail ServerSupported Mail Server protocol: POP3, SMTP, IMAP, support LDAP/AD account
Mail StationWebmail interface for Mail Server to receive emails from multiple POP3 mailboxes, customizable SMTP server
Web StationVirtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB®, 3rd-party applications support
Other packagesDNS Server, RADIUS Server, Log Center
Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, large files, most recently
modified files, least recently accessed files
Antivirus EssentialFull system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto update
iOS/Android™ applicationsSynology Drive, DS audio, DS photo, DS video, DS cam, DS cloud, DS file, DS finder, DS note, Moments, MailPlus
Other packagesAdditional 3rd-party packages available on Package Center
Environment and Packaging
Environment safetyRoHS compliant
• DS1819+ main unit x 1
• Quick Installation Guide x 1
• AC power cord x 1
• Accessory pack x 1
• RJ-45 LAN cable x 2
• 4GB DDR4-2133 Non-ECC SO-DIMM (D4NS2133-4G)
• 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC SO-DIMM (RAMEC2133DDR4SO-16G)
• Synology E10G18-T1 / E10G18-T2 / E10G15-F1 / E10G17-F2 10Gbps Ethernet adapters
• Synology M2D18 M.2 SSD adatper card
• Synology Expansion Unit DX517
• VisualStation VS360HD, VS960HD
• Surveillance Device License Pack
• Surveillance Station License Pack
• MailPlus License Pack
• Virtual DSM License Pack
*Model specifications are subject to change without notice. Please refer to www.synology.com for the latest information.
1. DS1819+ comes with 4GB DDR4 Non-ECC SO-DIMM and can support up to 32GB with optional ECC SO-DIMM.
2. Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage, and configuration. Visit https://www.synology.com/zh-tw/products/performance for more information.
3. DS1819+ supports dual M.2 SSDs through M2D18 adapter card, sold separately.
4. DS1819+ supports two Synology DX517, sold separately.
5. exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
6. System snapshot includes snapshots taken by iSCSI Manager, Snapshot Replication, and Virtual Machine Manager. Availability of these packages varies by model.
7. Presto File Server License is purchased separately in Package Center.
8. 5 year warranty is available as an optional bundle with EW201, 2-year Extended Warranty service add-on. Visit https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/Extended_Warranty
for more information on availability.
Synology Inc. 9F., No.1, Yuandong Rd., Banqiao Dist., New Taipei City 220, Taiwan Tel: +886 2 2955 1814 Fax: +886 2 2955 1884
200070, Room 201, No. 511, Tianmu W. Rd.,
Jingan Dist. Shanghai,
Synology France SARL
39 rue Louis Blanc,
92400 Courbevoie, France
Tel: +33 147 176288
North & South America
Synology America Corp.
3535 Factoria Blvd SE,
Suite #200, Bellevue, WA 98006, USA
Tel: +1 425 818 1587
Synology UK Ltd.
Unit 5 Danbury Court, Linford Wood, Milton
Keynes, MK14 6PL, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1908 048028
Grafenberger Allee 125
40237 Düsseldorf, Deutschland
Tel: +49 211 9666 9666
Synology Japan Co., Ltd.
1F, No.15, Kanda Konyacho,
Chiyoda-ku Tokyo, 101-0035
Synology creates network-attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and
manage networks in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files
on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage networks in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with
forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.
Copyright © 2018, Synology Inc. All rights reserved. Synology, the Synology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Synology Inc. Other product and
company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. Synology may make changes to specification and product descriptions at
anytime, without notice.