Sprint Announces Sharp Aquos Crystal
CThis morning Sprint announced: Sharp selected Sprint to launch its first AQUOS wireless phone available in the United States, Sharp AQUOS® Crystal.
- Sprint will offer AQUOS Crystal in two color options (black or white). With Sprint Easy Pay, well-qualified buyers can purchase AQUOS Crystal with $0 down (plus tax) and 24 monthly payments of $101 (service plan is required). Customers can visit www.sprint.com/sharp for more information.
- Sharp AQUOS Crystal will be available in black at www.virginmobileusa.com and in white at www.BoostMobile.com, both for $149.99 (plus tax).
Exact availability will be announced at a later date.
This launch marks a monumental step in the Sprint and SoftBank merger by bringing this device to SoftBank in Japan and Sprint and its prepaid brands, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA, as the exclusive U.S. carriers for this groundbreaking device.
AQUOS Crystal breaks the mold of traditional smartphone design.
Key features include:
- a stunning picture quality and immersive, vibrant display to its sleek, 5-inch edge-to-edge HD screen, AQUOS Crystal revolutionizes the mobile phone experience
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Sprint Spark network
- 8MP rear-facing and 1.2MP front-facing cameras
- HD Voice
- Embedded 2,040mAh battery
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1.5GB (RAM) and 8GB (ROM)
- Harman’s Clari-Fi technology with the ability to restore and “rebuild” music fidelity lost during audio compression. Clari-Fi yields richer, deeper and clearer sound quality for compressed digital music (like MP3 downloads or streaming services such as Spotify®). The Clari-Fi experience includes low and high frequency extension, improved realism and fidelity, and wider sound stage.
Also, Exclusive to Sprint in the U.S., App Pass is a subscription service that allows customers to access a hand-selected catalog of premium apps and games for $4.99 per month – after a 14-day free trial. App Pass offers unlimited access to these apps and games across two devices, and additionally, customers are given a $5 credit each month to spend on in-app purchases.