Samsung Series 5 530U Ultrabook hands-on @CES 2012
The Samsung Series 5 530U is an ultra thin 13.3-inch Ultrabook with a 13.3-inch high-resolution 720p display featuring Samsung’s SuperBright Technology (300 nits of brightness). With 16 million color saturation and an easy-to-view matte screen. A second-generation, low-voltage Intel Core i5 dual-core processor, also includes a 500 GB hard disk drive (HDD), 4 GB of RAM ( Max 8GB), ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, one USB 3.0 port, and a 1.3-megapixel HD webcam integrated into the bezel. up to 6.5hrs battery life. Plus a it comes with a Radeon HD7750m graphics card.
13.3-inch LED-backlit display with 1366 x 768 resolution for native HD 720p viewing (300-nit brightness)
1.6 GHz Intel Core i5-2467M low-voltage, dual-core processor (2.3 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology; 3 MB L3 cache)
500 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (8 GB maximum)
1.3-megapixel HD webcam
Built-in stereo speakers with 4 watts of power (2W x 2)
Up to 6.5 hours of battery life (4-cell battery)
Dimensions and Weight: 12.4 x 8.6 x 0.69 inches (WxDxH); 3.24 pounds
What’s in the Box
Series 5 Ultrabook with 13.3-inch screen (model NP530U3B-A01US), AC adapter, rechargeable battery, operating instructions
Wireless & Networking
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) for ultra-fast connectivity to home and business networks (requires Wireless-N router to optimize speed and range).
- Intel Wireless Display functionality
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity provides faster throughput while minimizing on power requirements. It’s compatible with new Bluetooth 3.0-enabled devices as well as backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as printers and cell phones.
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
Connectivity & Expansion
- 1 USB 3.0 port for ultra-fast data transfer (with USB Sleep and Charge) offering up to 10x the speed of USB 2.0 (and is backward compatible with your USB 2.0 peripherals). Download a 25 GB HD movie in just 70 seconds.
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- HDMI port for connecting to a compatible HDTV or home theater receiver for uncompressed digital audio and video via a single cable.
- VGA video output (with VGA dongle option)
- Multi-format memory card slot (compatible with SD, SDHC, SDXC, and MMC media)
- Microphone and headphone jacks