Emporio Armani Connected watch with Shawn Mendes
Giorgio Armani is pleased to announce its collaboration with hit music singer / songwriter Shawn Mendes for the launch of the first touchscreen smartwatch collection and new hybrid smartwatch models for the ‘Emporio Armani Connected’ line.
Shawn Mendes, with his fresh, innovative spirit and energy, fully embodies the brand’s values and sophistication for the newest additions to the ‘Emporio Armani Connected’ wearable products. The 18-year-old Canadian has scored his second #1 debut on the Billboard 200 with the release of his sophomore album ‘Iluminate’, which hit #1 on iTunes in over 65 countries. Mendes is currently on his ‘Illuminate’ World Tour, and has been named one of Time Magazine’s ‘Most Influential Teens’ of 2014, 2015, 2016 as well as Forbes’ ’30 Under 30’ in 2016.
“I am convinced that there cannot be technology without passion, or progress without emotion. Shawn Mendes is a very talented musician who touches the hearts of his fans around the world. He speaks to many more than just today’s youth, because he is authentic. That is why I chose him to be the face of this innovative line of smartwatches, conceived through the union between state-of-the-art technology and detailed design. The human component has always been fundamental for me in everything I have done. Shawn embodies and conveys the values in which I believe: professionalism, commitment, innovation and style” says Giorgio Armani.
“I’m so excited to be working with Mr. Armani and the whole team at Emporio Armani. I have so much love for the brand and what they stand for, and am so honored to be working with them on this amazing and innovative campaign. They’ve given me a platform to express my individuality and to keep things authentic to me. I couldn’t ask for a better collaborator” says Shawn Mendes.
The dynamic styling of Emporio Armani meets technology with a new collection of touchscreen and hybrid smartwatches. These are compatible with both iOS® and Android™ phones, and are powered by Android Wear™ 2.0, Google’s smartwatch platform, and the Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 2100 smartwatch platform, which makes it possible to deliver the experience customers desire and the functionality they expect. These watches feature the brand’s most coveted designs with the added benefits of today’s wearable technology. Customers can stay in the know with messages and notifications delivered directly to their watch and stay in style with a customizable watch faces and interchangeable straps that can be changed to match their look.
Some of the features are:
- customize eight unique watch faces and color combinations to better fit the personal style, and with the saved faces micro app, save the favorite customized watch faces to match your style.
- Activity Tracking: Connection to the favorite apps to track steps, runs, and fitness goals.
- Customize straps with eleven available options – including stainless steel, leather, and silicone – easily interchangeable through a quick release pin. Take your watch from day to night with leather, silicone and stainless steel straps.
- Download third-party apps from the Google Play™ Store directly on the watch.
- Stream and control music right from the watch with Google Play Music app. Access the music library anywhere you go.
- Google Assistant: Check the weather, set a reminder or get directions at the push of a button.
- AMOLED (active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) screen for crisp, full round viewing.
- Wireless charging.
The campaign will launch in Milan today, as part of the city’s Fashion Week, and in occasion of the Emporio Armani Men’s show. The campaign images and videos were shot in the singer’s native Toronto by photographer Sabine Villiard and director Alex Courtes.
The new watches will be available September 14 on armani.com, at Emporio Armani stores worldwide and at select shops and department stores worldwide.